We use aioli with several of the pintxos you'll find amongst the collections of recipes and serving suggestions. So, here's how to make aioli, saffron style.
Total Time: 10 minutes or so.
1. Place saffron threads in hot water to steep for about 10 minutes.
2. Mince and mash the garlic to a paste.
3. Whisk together yolk and lemon juice in a bowl.
4. Add olive oil, a few drops at a time, to the yolk mixture, whisking constantly until the whole thing is emulsified, then whisk in the garlic paste. Whisk wildly. Whisk with abandon. The importance of the whisking cannot be overstated.
5. Chill, covered, until ready to use.
A variation of a recipe from Chef Jody Adams from Gourmet Magazine, September 2002.
Comments will be approved before showing up.