Salad? Put clams in it! Pasta? Put clams in it! Soup? Put clams in it! So much protein (seven grams per tin), so few calories (32 per tin), so good with just about everything. Tinned clams, particularly Donostia Foods Clams in Brine, which in our very biased opinion are the best, can improve your lunch with just the the pop of a tin.
Below are three quick and easy recipes to do just that.
Total Time: 5 minutes.
1. In a bowl, mix clams, celery, onion, garlic, and parsley with the olive oil and some of the brine from the tin. Mix it good. Then squeeze that lemon over it all and mix some more.
2. Put all of that on top of that fresh butter lettuce and enjoy the fruit of your (not hard) labor.
3. In what quantities should the above ingredients be used? That's completely up to you. You got this.
Total Time: 30 minutes, maybe, but you can make it ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator, if time is of the essence.
1. In a pot, heat olive oil, then add onion, mushrooms, and garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
2. To that pot, add clams, carrots, soy sauce, ginger, sugar, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, lemon zest, vegetable stock and coconut milk. Bring to a boil then simmer for 15-20 minutes.
3. Adjust with more or less of those ingredients, or whatever you a believe would be a worthy addition.
Total Time: 10-15 minutes.
1. Boil some water and cook pasta to a perfect al dente. You got this.
2. In a pan on another burner, melt the butter and mix in the white wine.
3. In that pan mentioned in step two, add the perfect al dente pasta and clams and heat until you think, yeah, yeah I want to have dinner now. Squeeze the juice of the lemon all about and garnish with parsley and guindilla peppers.