photo by Andy Suarez
This is the first in our new series of recipes in collaboration with chef Andy Suarez. The chef has put together a selection of culinary creations that, while incorporating a variety of ingredients from the New World and beyond, continues the tradition of Basque cooking as "a cuisine of simplicity made exquisite".
Donostia Foods Squid in Ink
1 pack of small tortillas
2 whole tomatoes
1 small red onion
½ jalapeño, seedless
½ bunch of cilantro
1 whole mango
salt & pepper to taste
chives or scallions for garnish
1. Heat oil for fryer to 350F. Use vegetable oil or canola oil.
2. Dice tomatoes, onion, jalapeño and mango and mix together to make pico de gallo.
3. Rinse cilantro and chop. Mix cilantro with other ingredients and add the lime juice. Season to taste.
4. Fry whole tortilla to make tostadas and let it cool down. Wait until tortilla is not hot and top with mango Pico de Gallo. Add Calamares en Tinta and garnish with scallions or chives.
5. Serve cold or room temperature.
Follow Chef Suarez on Instagram for additional culinary creations.