photo by Andy Suarez
The third in our new series of recipes in collaboration with chef Andy Suarez, a selection of culinary creations that, while incorporating a variety of ingredients from the New World and beyond, continues the tradition of Basque cooking as "a cuisine of simplicity made exquisite".
Donostia Foods Cockles in Brine
2 red beets
2 small radishes
¼ cup feta or goat cheese
1 cup Donostia Foods Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ cup honey
½ cup Donostia Foods Sherry Vinegar
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp orange juice
mixed greens (salad) of your choosing
salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a pot of water to boil and boil beets for 15 mins. Let cool.
2. Combine olive oil, honey, sherry vinegar, orange and lemon juice to make dressing. Season to taste.
3. Peel beets and cut to medium dice.
4. Slice radishes and mix with greens and dressing.
5. Top salad with beets and cockles. Serve.
Follow Chef Suarez on Instagram for additional culinary creations.
Comments will be approved before showing up.