Spanish Sardines on Toast
An easily prepared tapa, that's pleasantly colorful as well.
Total Time (preparation and cooking): 10-15 minutes
2 tins (8 ounces) - sardines in olive oil
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 lemon, zest and juice
4 slices of good bread
half small bunch parsley, chopped
1. Drain the olive oil from the tins of sardines, and heat some of it in a pan over medium-low heat.
2. Sizzle the garlic and red pepper in the pan, then add the lemon zest.
3. Add the sardines and heat through until warm while doing step four.
4. Toast the bread. We used a whole wheat, but any good bread that is to your liking will do well.
5. Add the parsley to the sardines, along with a squeeze of lemon juice.
6. Serve atop the perfectly toasted bread. This is a variation of a recipe found at bbc.co.uk