Sardine Avocado Sandwiches
Time: 10-15 minutes
Servings: 4 tapa-sized sandwiches
2 tins of sardines in olive oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
zest from one lemon
freshly ground black pepper
4 slices bread
1 ripe avocado
1. Drain the oil from one tin of sardines into a small bowl and set aside.
2. drain the oil from the other tin into another bowl and mix in one tablespoon of parsley, vinegar, lemon zest, and black pepper, then add the sardines from both tins and let sit.
3. Coat bread in oil that was set aside and broil until golden brown.
4. Spread avocado onto toast and top with sardine mixture.
5. Garnish with remaining parsley and season with sea salt and squeeze of lemon. a recipe from Alton Brown found on seriouseats.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.